|Главная » Тесты|
Российский государственный университет туризма и сервиса
Английский язык Лексика Блок 2 РГУТиС
1.Read the text and fill in the blanks with the proper words given after the text.
Students interested in education can also attend polytechnics, which are schools to the sciences and applied technology. An education act in 1992 the status of these colleges to universities. Higher education can also be obtained through the Open University, founded in 1969, which offers courses taught through correspondence, television and radio programs, and videocassettes. It also sponsors local study centers and summer schools. The of the Open University is to reach people who may not ordinarily be for university study.
2.Match the definitions with one of the words.
1. Someone who is still at university studying for their first degree.
2. Someone who has successfully completed their first degree.
3. Someone responsible for courses in a private school.
4. Someone who teaches at a college or university.
5. Someone responsible for teaching a small group of students.
6. Someone with the highest academic position in a university.
3 Complete these definitions of subjects people study at university.
1. the study of the human mind and people's behaviour
2. the study of how buildings are designed and constructed
3. the study of the activities of government
4. the study of theories about existence, knowledge and thought
5. the scientific study of substances and how they react
6. the design and building of machines, roads and bridges
7. the study of how to treat illness and injuries
8. the study of farming: producing crops and keeping animals
9. the study of the rules of a country
10. the study of the way society is organized
Все отзывы »